The Questions People Ask a Whistlemaker
Thoughts from an unusual but incredible profession.
- Although typical delivery times are less than this, please allow the following for delivery:UK - 3 daysEurope - 10 daysRest of World - 20 days
- Typical postage rates (actual shipping rates are calculated at checkout and depend on package weight and current exchange rates):UK - Free ShippingEurope - Free shipping!Rest of World - $23.50*** ***Please note orders over $550 (or currency equivalent) get free wordwide postage
- We can post to just about anywhere in the world. If you are in any doubt please email us.
- Postal insurance is included.
- Please bear in mind worldwide postal services are very good - we send hundreds of packages a year and it is very, very unusual for one to go missing. Sometimes there are delays due to worldwide circumstances (e.g. pandemics, postage fluctuations like Christmas) or local circumstances. Tracking allows us to check the whereabouts of a package but, unless your package has been delivered to a neighbour without you knowing, tracking a package doesn't speed up the delivery itself, it just allows us to check its whereabouts in countries where postal tracking is available. This page has further information on which zones of the world have tracked shipping (please note: we find postage is still reliable in the 'signed for' zones).
- It is our responsibility to get your order to you, but we also must work with postage services around the world, and any issues they may be facing at the time. We are constantly impressed with how reliable international postal services are given the distances we are posting. In the small number of cases that there is a delay, we greatly appreciate your patience. In any case, we will work to resolve any issues - we have never not delivered an order.
Design and production times, as well as demand fluctuations, mean we cannot always dispatch your order as soon as we receive it. Generally, though, we dispatch orders within a week of receiving them and you will get an email to confirm dispatch (please remember to check spam/junk mail!)
If what you are after is not showing up as in stock in our shop, then please email us to find when we will have an instrument ready to send to you.
Please also note: Dispatch times are meant as a guide only. Very occasionally things do go wrong – not every whistle we make meets our standards. In this case we'd rather delay your order than supply a poor instrument.
Products which can be added to the shopping cart are generally in stock and available for order. This information is updated daily and will be much more current than anything you may have read on other websites/forums (which may be months or years out-of-date). Please note that for anything marked as 'out of stock' it is possible to sign up for email notification of when that item will be back in stock on the product details page for that item.
If we are out of stock of a particular whistle then we will generally have it back in stock within the following time-frame. Please note these can be considered as a guide to maximum waiting times (because the item may have been out of stock for some time prior to you trying to order). The best way to be notified when whistles are ready is to sign up to the 'in stock' email notification.
// We accept online payment** in the following currencies:£ Pounds Sterling€ Euros$ US DollarsC$ Canadian Dollars¥ Yen **Online payment is carried out through the secure payment agent PayPal or the Worldpay payment gateway (please note: the final transaction through the Worldpay payment gateway will always be in GDP).
We do accept returns for refund. The full cost of the instrument will be refunded but not the postage. Please contact us [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you'd like to return for refund.